|Cannot Access Windows shared folders from Android
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||dfleitas [ Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:46 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Cannot Access Windows shared folders from Android|
I have Neorouter free installed on two computers (one is the server on my desktop Windows 7 PC at home, the other is client on my laptop I use at school) and also on my android phone. All of these work:
- Accessing shared folders in the server computer from client laptop when I am at school.
- Remote Desktop connecting the server from client laptop at school.
- Remote Desktop connecting the server from my android phone.
- I can ping server from client and from Android.
- I can scan server from my android phone (and from client laptop) and see that port 32976 is open.
- I can obviously ping the server from android and from laptop at school.
However, I cannot access shared folders in the server from my Android phone. It gives me a "Connection timeout" error. Strangely enough, I can desktop remote connect to the server without any problems, but I cannot access the shared folders in the server.
I don't believe I need to configure Windows 7 in the server to allow access to shared folders because I can access those folders from the laptop.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group