Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cannot login in to domain
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:23 pm 

I can login (from different computers) to localhost and ip of server.
domain is working (ok in dashbord).
I've kept the standard port setting 32976
I've put virtual server in action on my router.
When i test the connection with http://www.neorouter.com/checkport.php? i get the message that the connection is open en de neorouter is running.
But I can't login to the domain.
I've put the neorouter-server before my router and then everthing works fine. So it's seems to be a router-issue (even when i get the message that the connection is open).
I have an belkin router (pre-N F5D8230). It has the latest firmware on it, I've tried with an earlier version of the firmware, but still the same problem. Can you help me? Is it possible that the portforwarding isn't working, even though the checkport-test seems ok?

Post subject: Re: cannot login in to domain
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:30 am 

Hi bavady,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter.

It seems your router does not support the feature "media hairpin feature". You can verify this by the following steps:

1. You can log on to your server from a computer INSIDE your home LAN using private IP ADDRESS.

2. You can log on to your server from another computer OUTSIDE your home LAN using your DOMAIN NAME.

3. But you cannot log on to your server from a computer INSIDE your home LAN using public IP ADDRESS or your DOMAIN NAME (like what you come cross right now)

If so, you may use your local IP in your home LAN.

Check out this: http://www.neorouter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38&start=10

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:51 pm 

thanks for your answer, that was exactly the case.
I still have a few questions though.

I can't ping from outside the lan.

Even though I can't ping, i can take over the screen with rdp or uvnc.
I can uvnc with the addon, but i can't uvnc directly to another computer from outside my lan.

When 2 computers have the client installed on it, or they directly connected via a vpn? or do i have to do something else?

When they are connected via a vpn. It has to be posseble to browsse the network? (\\server\share) or does it only work when I select shared maps in neorouter?

When they are connected wia a vpn, can I use server-based programs. How does it work if I can't ping (thus reach) them.

When I use the portable version, i have lesser options then when I use the installed version (no shared maps, no ping). Is that normal?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 pm 

Hi bavady,

See comments:

I can't ping from outside the lan.
Please check the Windows firewall->Advanced->ICMP->Allow incoming echo request.

Even though I can't ping, i can take over the screen with rdp or uvnc.
I can uvnc with the addon, but i can't uvnc directly to another computer from outside my lan.

You can uvnc to the computer, on which you installed NeoRouter client.

When 2 computers have the client installed on it, or they directly connected via a vpn? or do i have to do something else?
After installation, you just need to log on to the server at lease once to register your computer to your NeoRouter server. Then they are connected.

When they are connected via a vpn. It has to be posseble to browsse the network? (\\server\share) or does it only work when I select shared maps in neorouter?
Yes. All your computers, on which you installed NeoRouter client, are in a same virtual LAN. You can use the same approaches as in a normal LAN. For example, you can use \\8.0.0.1\share to access the shared folders, printers and so on. You can map a folder to a drive as well.

When they are connected wia a vpn, can I use server-based programs. How does it work if I can't ping (thus reach) them.
Yes. You can use server applications, such as database, web server and etc. Ping is a different issue, please check your firewall settings.

When I use the portable version, i have lesser options then when I use the installed version (no shared maps, no ping). Is that normal?
It's normal. The portable version is designed as a viewer or a client, it does not allow you to provide services, e.g. you cannot use a server based application in a portable version. If you want to copy files, a work around is the Windows Remote desktop, choose the drive mapping. From a portable version, you cannot ping other computers; but others can ping it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team