Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Change administrator for a domain
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 pm 

Is there a way to change the administrator for the domain to an account other than the one used to set it up initially?

After having already creating user accounts etc, I realized that the initial account (mine - the accounts are firstname.lastname) should really just be a user account.

I tried creating a new account (admin.account) and then signed in as it in hopes of being able to change my account to a user - but the option is still greyed out.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Change administrator for a domain
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 pm 

Hi kiwi,

Thanks for using NeoRouter.

If I understand correctly, you want to change the "Account Type" of the administrator you created when installing, as you don't like the user name.

The current version does not allow you to change "Account Type" for the initial administrator account, as it's a special account. But you can change the "User Name", "Display Name" and "Password". So, you can swap these two user names.

Another method is to uninstall the software and reinstall it again. When uninstalling, it will ask you "If you want to remove all related files generated it by NeoRouter?". Please choose "Yes", so that you can create a new administrator account for the domain.

Thanks!