Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Having issues seeing Virtual LAN from work
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 pm 

Greetings,

I installed the NeoRouter server on a home computer and setup the server accordingly. I then installed the NeoRouter client on my office PC, but I am not able to login to the Virtual Network I setup at Home or my server cannot see the office PC.

I have two computers at home and before I did what I explained above, I was able to setup one computer as the Server, the other as a client and it worked without any issues.

My office PC is behind a proxy server, so I had to define it in NeoRouter...that did not make any difference. Am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: Having issues seeing Virtual LAN from work
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 pm 

Hi abeshaw,

Thanks for trying NeoRouter. I didn't see anything wrong so far, but to figure out the issue, we may need more information.

1. When you test at home, did you use NeoRouter domain name to log on or IP address? Public IP or private IP?
If the domain name does not work yet, please set port forwarding on your router to open the server's listening port the Internet.

2. If the server works well with domain name, the client at your office may come cross problem. What proxy protocol do you use? So far NeoRouter client supports HTTP(Basic Auth), SOCKs 4/5. Can you use TCPView to monitor the connection status? And can you try to log on using the public IP of your home server first, if it works, try the domain name then.

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team