Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: neorouter on wrt54gl
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 pm 

im trying to run neorouter on my wrt54gl. im trying to figure out if after the flash do u have a GUI on the router. for example after u flash the router with Tomato firmware theres an actual Tomato gui. is this possible with neorouter or do u have to use another machine to run the server. my company wants to implement neorouter on our existing networks, but we want to use the wrt54gl boxes we already have in the field. rite now were using ddwrt in this way, but neorouter has more of the features we need. Thanku in advance

Post subject: Re: neorouter on wrt54gl
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 am 

Hi basilzignage,

Both NR server and client for in-a-box are running as a daemon or CLI and the NeoRouter Configuration Explorer for Windows (GUI) can connect to the server to do some configuration work. NR for in-a-box is based on the official build of either OpenWrt or Tomato, so you would see the GUI of OpenWrt or Tomato.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: neorouter on wrt54gl
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 am 

Hey KevinZ, thanks for the help. Another question I have is that we have multiple wrt54gl routers in the field and since they have been in use for awhile I'm not sure how much memory they have. In order to do the build we would obviously have to flash it first with new firmware, my boss wants to use tomato, would this leave us with enough space to install neorouter? I believe from my readings of this forum that there needs to be at least 4mb of memory to make the install happen. Is Openwrt a better choice because it uses less space when u flash to it than tomato does? I've tried doing a hard reset(30/30/30) but that doesn't do anything but restore the defaults of whatever system you've already flashed to. Not really helpful in getting memory back.