Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unable to setup NeoRouter Configuration Explorer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:45 pm 

I just downloaded and installed NeoRouter on my server and was able to setup a domain. I AM able to login to the NeoRouter dashboard BUT, I can't login to NeoRouter Configuration Explorer WITH the "Log on to" field as my domain name and the admin account credentials created when installing the application.

I keep getting a "Sign in failed because connection to server cannot be established hr=0x8007274c" error message. Also, I'm unable to connect to the NeoRouter Network explorer from an off site PC using those credentials.

I am getting this error on the server that is to be the host, and I find it odd that I can't login to the configurator explorer on the host server with the credentials I just created.

Am I missing something? I setup the port forwarding, but that doesn't help either.

I've attached the two screen shots, hoping someone can help.

Attachments:
File comment: Error message after inputting credentials
NeoRouterError2.JPG
NeoRouterError2.JPG [ 14.23 KiB | Viewed 14861 times ]
File comment: Login screen to NeoRouter Configurator Explorer
NeoRouterError.JPG
NeoRouterError.JPG [ 17.4 KiB | Viewed 15005 times ]

Post subject: Re: Unable to setup NeoRouter Configuration Explorer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:59 pm 

I did notice that I AM able to login to the NeoRouter Configuration Explorer WITHOUT inputting my domain into the "log on to" filed, is this how the app is to function?

Regardless, I still can't get my off site computer to login to the NeoRouter Network Explorer.

I've attached screen shots of my login screen and my other views in NeoRouter Configuration Explorer to see if that'd help. I've also attached the error message I get on my off site computer when logging into the NeoRouter Network Explorer.

Attachments:
File comment: User Accounts tab
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer2.JPG
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer2.JPG [ 32.45 KiB | Viewed 14925 times ]
File comment: General Tab
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer.JPG
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer.JPG [ 30.29 KiB | Viewed 14950 times ]
File comment: Able to login WITHOUT inputting my domain into the "log on to" filed
NeoRouterWithoutLogOnTo.JPG
NeoRouterWithoutLogOnTo.JPG [ 17.42 KiB | Viewed 14925 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm 

Here are the other attached screen shots

Attachments:
File comment: Offsite computer NeoRouter Network Explorer error message
NeoRouterNetworkExplorerError.JPG
NeoRouterNetworkExplorerError.JPG [ 30.52 KiB | Viewed 14857 times ]
File comment: Settings tab
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer4.JPG
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer4.JPG [ 35.71 KiB | Viewed 14788 times ]
File comment: Computers tab
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer3.JPG
NeoRouterConfigurationExplorer3.JPG [ 32.3 KiB | Viewed 14887 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:23 am 

Hi gazhalim,

Please go to the Dashboard side and click on the "Test" button to verify your server's status.

If it's green, but you cannot log in using the domain name, it must be the "hair-pin" issue with your home router. Take a look at the user manual "3.4.3 Server Local Address" for the solution.

If it's red, double-check your port-forwarding setting in the router.

When there is blank in the "Log on to" field, it's default to "127.0.0.1". It means your server is running properly and you can log on to it from local machine. You can also put any valid IP address of your server or Internet domain name in the "Log on to" field. It doesn't have to be the NeoRouter domain.

If you don't specify the listen port of NR server, it's 32976 by default. Or you can specify it in this way:
IP:port

For example: Log on to: 172.16.1.12:443

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:31 pm 

This is the same issue I'm having, except that it worked when I first set it up a few months ago but now does not. Same error message as he had, exactly.

1) I can log into my dashboard, but the light is red.

2) I can log into Config Explorer with the domain field blank OR with my local IP but not my public IP or domain name.

3) It does not work either with or without my firewall active, so that is not the problem.

4) I left the port at the default and have confirmed the settings both from my dashboard and in Config Explorer (when logged in with local IP NOT public IP).

5) My router has the same port forwarding settings as when NR was working.

Since everything seems to be in order, can you please post a link to proper port forwarding settings/step-by-step walkthrough so that I can double-check my settings? I have a Netgear router, WNDR3400v2, if that helps at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:55 pm 

***SOLUTION***

In going through all the troubleshooting, there was one element that I never checked, and that was my local IP. At some point between originally setting up NR and now, my local IP changed from 10.0.0.3 to 10.0.0.5. Because of this, my port forwarding settings in my router were no longer applicable, because they were forwarding to the wrong IP address.

On a whim, I did: Run -> cmd -> ipconfig

This is when I found that none of the IPs listed in the info matched 10.0.0.3. As such, I changed my port forwarding to match the IPv4 address listed under my wireless adapter (since I'm not connected via Ethernet cable but rather using my wireless card), which was 10.0.0.5. I tried logging into NR again afterward, and it magically worked!

IF YOU ARE GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE [hr=0x8007274c], TAKE THESE STEPS:

Run -> cmd -> ipconfig

Once that has spit out the info, check the IP address listed by IPv4 under whichever LAN adapter you're using, be it your wireless card, Ethernet cable, or other. Check that IP address against your port forwarding. It may be that it has changed without you realizing it, WHICH WILL BREAK YOUR SERVER!

Thanks to all who tried to help me out! Now you can take my mistake and hopefully help somebody else.