Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New NeoRouter Server installation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm 

I just installed the server software on a Windows 7 machine. I created a domain, and forwarded port 32976 to the machine. But when I go to the Dashboard to test it, I get:

The address "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:32976" is closed and the NeoRouter Server cannot be used at this time

And when I try to use the Network Explorer while I am on the server, I get "Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established. [hr=0x9007274d]".

I really want to get this working and buy a license so we can get some work done from home and such. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Post subject: Re: New NeoRouter Server installation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 pm 

HI danielj,

From your description, it looks like the listen port of your NR server is not opened properly. Please check firewall settings and port forward setting, until you get the green light from the Dashboard.

You can verify the server by running the Configuration Explorer on the same machine of the NR server and sign in to "127.0.0.1:32976".

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 am 

I checked that it is open, by using iperf according the the instructions here: https://support.asperasoft.com/entries/ ... ty-testing

I got a response on the server that showed the UDP packet made it through from the client. I also tested it in the other direction by reversing the test on each machine. It worked that way as well.

So, the port is open. I am unsure where to go from here to figure this out, but I really want to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:17 pm 

Hi danielj,

Feel like the port forwarding issue. Please verify again.

NR server does not use UDP, instead of TCP . So it must be wrong if you get some UDP packets from NR server.

Please go to the server machine, check the process "nrserver.exe" is running. If so, please run any terminal tool, such as "putty.exe" to telnet to 127.0.0.1 port 32976/tcp. If you can connect to it, try the public IP to do it again. Since you said the port forwarding is ready, you may see something. If that works, go to the Dashboard site and test it using the public IP as well, see what happy.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:20 pm 

So you are saying it should be TCP rather than UDP? That is what I have done wrong then. I will change my firewall rules and port forwarding to be TCP instead and give that a try.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:37 pm 

Hello. I too have this error:

Image Image

I disabled antivirus and firewall. I try to win8.1 64bit. Previously, I worked for win7 64bit
Tell me what could be the problem? What else can I do?