Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Replacement for Logmein Central?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:34 pm 

We have been supporting servers at various locations on customer's networks using Logmein free with Central. I had been considering adding Logmein Hamachi for a few Linux servers, (even though Linux support is in beta). We have a few different techs that require access to several different servers either from their desktop or from laptop if out of the office.

I plan to do some more testing before getting the pro version, but real world application, does Neorouter would well for remote access to several (100+) servers across many different networks? Would it work well as a replacement for logmein central? We would primarily be using RDP to the remote servers on various OS including XP pro, server 2003 and server 2008.

Ideally I would like to have both products, but I am not sure if the company would purchase 1 year of Logmein central + Neorouter pro.

Post subject: Re: Replacement for Logmein Central?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 am 

Hi Davidn,

Thanks for your post.

NeoRouter Pro definitely meet your requirement and it's designed to provide much more than that. 100+ concurrent connections and running RDP session over the NR virtual network are pretty common usage of our users.

Please do some testing in your environment and let us know if you have any question.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Replacement for Logmein Central?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 am 

Hi Davidn,

NeoRouter also allows admin of large domains to tune the performance, block unneeded packets, ensure P2P connections, etc. Please take a look at "Performance Tuning Guide" http://download.neorouter.com/Documents ... ing_en.pdf.

Thanks,
Luke