Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: routing delima
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:17 am 

First off let me apologize in advance for not explaining this well. It is quit a mouthful.

I have sonicwalls at each of my remote locations. Each one has a T1 and a Comcast line. The T1s are my MPLS network. I have static routes in my sonicwall that say if traffic is destined for one of my remotes then it should go out the T1. So for example if destination is 192.168.16.x then go out the T1 interface. I was hoping to use neorouter to "trick" my sonicwall into sending stuff out my Comcast interface. This is for bandwidth intensive backups where I need bandwidth over low latency.

I installed neorouter on one of my servers and I have installed some clients on machines at a couple remotes. I have clients on 192.168.5.x and 192.168.16.x. the 5.x PC got 10.0.0.4 and the 16.x computer got 10.0.0.3 from neorouter. So on the 5.x PC I ping 10.0.0.3 and set my sonicwall to capture UDP packets and the source and destination addresses in the capture show 5.x and 16.x. This causes my sonicwall to route it through my T1. Bummer.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can "trick" the sonicwall to send it out over my comcast line?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: routing delima
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:23 pm 

Try the cmd
route add -p <ip address> mask <subnet mask> <gateway>