Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Server Database backup/restore
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:15 pm 

Just had a drive crash while I was on vacation. I had to rebuild the database and log in about 30 client machines one at a time in the proper order so their IP addresses would be the same.

I have searched the forums and documents, but found no reference as to a backup and restore procedure for NRSERVERFREE 2.x

I have the server running on a Linux server.

(Ideally I would like to write a script and backup the database to a second computer and could then just change the DNS entry in my DNS database to point to the new server)

Sincerely,
Mark

Post subject: Re: Server Database backup/restore
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:43 pm 

I haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing it may just be a matter of backing up the old files including the database file and certificate.

The certificate and Key file is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter\

And the Database is located in:
C:\ProgramData\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter\
Except possibly the client.xml file since that is specific to the network adapter in your physical server.

You could possible have a 2nd server installed but not running and periodically overwrite its files with in those directories. If your primary goes down you'd start the service on the backup and make the DNS change. Some of the files are updated every few minutes so you might want to experiment a bit to see if it matters if they can be slightly old copies (i.e. from the night before) or if you will need to sync them everytime the files are updated which could be every few minutes. There are a number of file sync programs out there that can be set to copy whenever they are changed.

Maybe if I get a chance I will give it a try but I also use the Pro version so there may be some differences.

If you try and it works, let us know.