Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RDP error
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 pm 

I need a little help here. I have a computer that I'm having issues with. I cannot RDP from a laptop into our server, no matter which account I try. I can log into the domain and even ping the server that I'm trying to log into. I can RDP with Neorouter from other computers, but his one laptop gives me the following error:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote for one of these reasons:
1. Remote access to the server is not enabled.
2. The remote computer is turned off.
3. The remote computer is not available on the network.

This laptop can RDP when it is actually at the office and on the office network, but it can't when connected via Neorouter away from the office. Again, all other computers can connect without issue, but this laptop gives me the above error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: RDP error
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:50 am 

I may have to stop recommending Neorouter to my customers. I have emailed support with no response and posted in the forums here and no response. When my customers need remote access to their computers, I need a solution that has good customer service or at least a community to help that is actively involved in helping others work through their issues. I'll give it one more day and then I may shop around.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:30 am 

Hi computerhelper,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please try to ping between the two computers of yours using the virtual IP address. If ping works, it will be setting issue with your rdp/terminal server, instead of neorouter;or it means the neorouter tunnel is not ready yet. Please let us know if the tunnel is not working and we can help you to figure out.

Thanks,
Kevinz - neorouter team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 am 

Hi computerhelper,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please try to ping between the two computers of yours using the virtual IP address. If ping works, it will be setting issue with your rdp/terminal server, instead of neorouter;or it means the neorouter tunnel is not ready yet. Please let us know if the tunnel is not working and we can help you to figure out.

Thanks,
Kevinz - neorouter team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:50 am 

I have an older windows server that acted this way. Some time, long ago, I had set it to not accept any RDP except from a local ip address. I never found that setting again. No big deal for me, I just use TighVNC to get in, but in your case that wouldn't work. I suggest looking for that setting.

Good luck,

John in Medford, Oregon