Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Web console can not contact after port change
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 pm 

After changing the port number the NeoRouter Free server listens on, the Web Console will no longer login. I've verified that the dashboard and the server are configured for the new port. I set the new port in the Web Console and restarted the server. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? After I left the wheel turning all night, I noticed that the URL still has the old port number (default) in it. Changing it did not seem to help.

Post subject: Re: Web console can not contact after port change
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 pm 

Did you create a rule to forward the port on your router?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 am 

My Linux router is my NeoRouter server. The port is open in iptables and the NeoRouter clients can connect just fine, I only have issues with the web console.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 am 

This is still an issue for me. To reproduce, configure a NeoRouter Free server on Linux (make sure all the ports are open to it) and change the listening port (nrserver -setport 465). Verify that clients are able to connect and get an IP address. Go to http://download.neorouter.com/Downloads ... ebconsole/ and try to login using your username, password and domain name.

When I have to update IP addresses of my clients, I have to change it back to the default to login, do the changes and then change the port back. It would be nice to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Robert LeBlanc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

I know that this is an old topic, but I have some new information. I finally have a machine that is not running Secure Web on 443, so I changed NeoRouter to listen on the default port of 32976 and the web console logged in no problem. I changed the port to 443, again the web console logged in no problem. I changed the port to 465 and the web console would not login. Changed it back to 443 and the web console logged right in.

So it seems that the web console (download.neorouter.com/Downloads/NRPro/Update_2.4.4.4500/WebApp/webconsole/) does not like port 465 (Secure SMTP, most places have this open) for some reason. I'm really confused why this port has problems. I'll use port 443, but would sure love to have this port available if for some reason I can't use 443 anymore.

Thanks,
Robert LeBlanc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 am 

Hi rldleblanc,

Based on your description, it seems the listen port (465/tcp) is not opened to the Internet. Can you double check the port-forwarding settings and make sure the it passes the test on the Dashboard site?

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 am 

I have used 465 for years and the clients all connect just fine. The only thing that never worked was the web console. I even had NeoRouter Free server on three different machines on three different ISPs in that time with the same results. It is not because the port was blocked. I had 465 opened to TCP and UDP just to make sure. Now with only TCP 443, everything works as expected.

Is it possible that there is some "feature" in chrome that prevents JavaScript from making connections to 465 in fear that it is malicious code trying to send spam?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 am 

Maybe this had something to do with it.

superuser.com/questions/188058/which-ports-are-considered-unsafe-on-chrome

There are similar unsafe ports on Firefox. Maybe that was what I was hitting. I should have looked in the chrome console to see if there were any messages about it preventing the connection and the web app just trying indefinitely. If I get bored I might try it.