Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: intersubnet connection issues
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm 

Hi,

i installed the server on my computer in LAN with NAT to access the server port on firewall. I can easily connect to the server from internal LAN or any remote location. the thing is, that I need to be able to access the VPN clients from regular LAN. What I did: on my default gateway located in LAN i added static route to the neorouter server. traceroute is showing from every node in LAN that the packets are going to the neorouter server. the neorouter server has packet forwarding enabled so It can act as the router. I can ping the vtun interface (its IP) of the neorouter server and the LAN interface (its IP) from LAN, but when I try to ping any other IP in VPN I get no response. I fired up wireshark to see, if the packets from LAN are going on the vtun interface, and they are, but there is no response to them / so the communication is going to the VPN from LAN (it is routing) but there must be something on the side of server or clients dropping the communication.

any idea how to proced or where the problem may be?

thanks for any response.

Post subject: Re: intersubnet connection issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:39 pm 

HI jirtos,

This won't work, as NR network will drop any packets from other physical network. In another work, it doesn't work as a gateway to route external packets in nor internal packets out. If you need any kind of need, may need a proxy server running on a NR client as a gateway.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team