Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No lan games. Broadcast issue?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:13 pm 

Hi

I'm a happy NeoRouter user for a while now. I'd like to use it for playing LAN games as well with some friends.
We always used Tunngle and before that Hamachi, which always worked fine.
However when we use NeoRouter we can't find each others games at all.

NeoRouter adapter has top priority, all firewalls and anti-virus disabled, other unused network adapters disabled, forwarded the required ports.
We also tried using ForceBindIP as suggested in some other topic.

Right now we have no option to play with NeoRouter and are forced to use bloat/spy/spamware like Tunngle.

I'm wondering what makes Tunngle and Hamachi so very different that allows games to see other lan sessions and NeoRouter does not?

I thought maybe it's some kind of broadcast/multicast issue?

We are using the Free version and there's not much we can configure on our server.
We can ping each other fine, access ftp, windows shares etc. All good except games...

Anyone has suggestions?

Post subject: Re: No lan games. Broadcast issue?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:38 pm 

I'm having the same issue, specifically with Minecraft. I'm curious, how do you ping someone else on a NeoRouter connection if it overlaps an IP of someone on your LAN?

For instance, my LAN uses the 10.x.x.x format, which is the format NeoRouter uses. My NR IP is 10.0.0.2, and my friend's NR IP is 10.0.0.3. We can both see each other in our NR network explorer, but the MC connection is always refused.

Can I ping his 10.0.0.3 IP instead of the 10.0.0.3 IP on my LAN and be sure of the ping destination?

*EDIT*

It could be that there's something about his fw or modem/router that's getting in the way. I think we got his computer's fw set up right, but his modem firmware is strange. It's an Arris CM820 (http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=74), if that helps. Oh, and the port forwarding/triggering on this router is quite confusing to me. That may be getting in the way, possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:39 am 

Brotuulaan wrote:
I'm having the same issue, specifically with Minecraft. I'm curious, how do you ping someone else on a NeoRouter connection if it overlaps an IP of someone on your LAN?

For instance, my LAN uses the 10.x.x.x format, which is the format NeoRouter uses. My NR IP is 10.0.0.2, and my friend's NR IP is 10.0.0.3. We can both see each other in our NR network explorer, but the MC connection is always refused.

Can I ping his 10.0.0.3 IP instead of the 10.0.0.3 IP on my LAN and be sure of the ping destination?

*EDIT*

It could be that there's something about his fw or modem/router that's getting in the way. I think we got his computer's fw set up right, but his modem firmware is strange. It's an Arris CM820 (http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=74), if that helps. Oh, and the port forwarding/triggering on this router is quite confusing to me. That may be getting in the way, possibly.

You should configure Neorouter to use a different IP address range to your LAN otherwise how will your PC know which 10.0.0.3 it should talk to? Just put Neorouter onto 192.168.10.x instead. In configuration explorer settings, set DHCP subnet to 192.168.10.0 and Netmask to 255.255.255.0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:44 am 

kwukduck wrote:
Hi

I'm a happy NeoRouter user for a while now. I'd like to use it for playing LAN games as well with some friends.
We always used Tunngle and before that Hamachi, which always worked fine.
However when we use NeoRouter we can't find each others games at all.

NeoRouter adapter has top priority, all firewalls and anti-virus disabled, other unused network adapters disabled, forwarded the required ports.
We also tried using ForceBindIP as suggested in some other topic.

Right now we have no option to play with NeoRouter and are forced to use bloat/spy/spamware like Tunngle.

I'm wondering what makes Tunngle and Hamachi so very different that allows games to see other lan sessions and NeoRouter does not?

I thought maybe it's some kind of broadcast/multicast issue?

We are using the Free version and there's not much we can configure on our server.
We can ping each other fine, access ftp, windows shares etc. All good except games...

Anyone has suggestions?

What games are you trying specifically?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:52 pm 

Brotuulaan wrote:

You need to play with your interface metric settings, see
http://www.speedguide.net/faq/how-to-te ... efault-350

from cmd, do the command
route print
and make sure your NR interface has lower metric value than your LAN interface.