Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with uninstall and no auto login.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:17 am 

Hello i recently uninstalled neorouter because it made it impossible to boot into windows for some reason. I had to start explorer manually from task manager because it would not appear.

Then when i tried to uninstall the two neoruter services was not removed:
The neorouter client service and the Neorouter connection server.

and both cliservice.exe and connsrv.exe was still left in the zebranetworksystems\neoruter folder.

When i disabled the services then winxp would boot properly again.

Previously before uninstalling i got this message in event viewer it was not an error but something was wrong:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( NeoRouter Connection Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NeoRouter Connection Server.

After trying to uninstall the message was:
The description for Event ID ( 14 ) in Source ( NeoRouter Client Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
, 1460; 1.

--------

I am hopeing that Neorouter can be improved especially with autologin when windows is booted and that i can connect directly to a server with a static ip adress. Also it would be nice to see the latest version of UVNC as an add-on.

Post subject: Re: Problem with uninstall and no auto login.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 pm 

Hi fusion,

Thanks for your suggestions.

We will investigate the uninstall issue. I thinks the reason is the service didn't stop properly.

We are working on auto sign in feature, you will see it in the next build.

Since the latest UVNC requires more setting work than v1.0.2 before using, it would be better for users to create their own add-on using NeoRouter add-on manager, export the add-on config file and reuse it in other places by importing.

But we would like to provide an add-on for the latest version, if there are more users asking for it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team