Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shifted NR Server to new machine
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:35 am 

Hi all,

I have shifted NR Server from a virtual machine I was having problems with to the host server. I tried the "copy config folder" trick but it didn't work. So instead I deleted NR Server off the old machine and installed a fresh copy on the new. After a few abortive attempts to get it up and running (needed to setup the router to point to the new LAN IP address of the server) everything worked, except for two raspberry pi's.

Now I'm not sure what happened but neither PI will connect to the server, even after both worked prior to this server shift. Also prior to the shift both had nrtap as existing when using ifconfig but not anymore. Eth0 and lo are there but not nrtap. When I run nrclientcmd and enter the correct username and password, all I get is an attempt to sign in then ends with a failure error "transport endpoint is not connected".

I've tried removing the client and deleting the /usr/local/ZebraNetworkSystems directory and then reinstalling, but that didn't work. Figured I needed bigger brains than my own to tackle this hence the reason for getting in touch.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Shifted NR Server to new machine
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:25 am 

Hi aremdee,

Based on your description, it seems a client side issue, as other clients are able to connect to your new NR server. nrtap will be up after NR client signs in to the NR server, if it doesn't connect, you won't see nrtap.

Please double check the network status on your PI, then restart the NR client daemon (/etc/init.d/nrservice.sh restart) and try again. If it still doesn't work, check nrservice process (ps aux|grep nrservice).

If you can send us the log file of nrservice, we can help you to investigate it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - Neorouter team

Post subject: Re: Shifted NR Server to new machine
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:29 pm 

Thanks Kevin,

Sorted it by running the install as root rather than the pi sudo user. Logged the client in that way too. Have just rebooted the pi and it connects again so looks like all is back to normal. For those who may encounter the same problem that got me out of it. By the way love the product :)

Thanks your help any way.