Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DNS issues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:16 pm 

I have set on all my Neo router PCs to use a DNS server within Neo router however I am having several issues with "Binding" here are the error logs I receive.
EVENT 408
The DNS server could not open socket for address 10.10.0.128.
Verify that this is a valid IP address for the server computer. If it is NOT valid use the Interfaces dialog under Server Properties in the DNS Manager to remove it from the list of IP interfaces. Then stop and restart the DNS server. (If this was the only IP interface on this machine and the DNS server may not have started as a result of this error. In that case remove the DNS\Parameters\ ListenAddress value in the services section of the registry and restart.)

If this is a valid IP address for this machine, make sure that no other application (e.g. another DNS server) is running that would attempt to use the DNS port.

For more information, see "DNS server log reference" in the online Help.
EVENT 404
The DNS server could not bind a Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) socket to address 10.10.0.128. The event data is the error code. An IP address of 0.0.0.0 can indicate a valid "any address" configuration in which all configured IP addresses on the computer are available for use.
Restart the DNS server or reboot the computer.
EVENT 407
The DNS server could not bind a User Datagram Protocol (UDP) socket to 10.10.0.128. The event data is the error code. Restart the DNS server or reboot your computer.

Does anyone know how to go about running a windows DNS within Neo router?
is this by design? is there any settings I can change to prevent this from happerning?

Post subject: Re: DNS issues
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:48 pm 

I am assuming this has something to-do with the fact that neo router, gives a computer an IP address when it logs into the client.
Out of curiosity, is there a way to turn of the Neo router DHCP and run my own?