Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Novice here, sorry if this is repeat...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm 

Hi, I'm very green when it comes to network administration so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to access a shared folder on a password protected windows computer via remote access using neorouter. In the past, I've been able to enter the password needed to access said computer but recently when I try to access shared folder on said computer nothing happens. No request for credentials, no error message NOTHING! I'm using Windows 7.

ANyone have recommendations about windows firewall or neorouter configuration that might allow me to access shared folder through neorouter??

Post subject: Re: Novice here, sorry if this is repeat...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:35 pm 

Any help would be much appreciated. Let me explain a little more.....

I downloaded NeoRouter Client (Free) to my home computer so I can remotely access files at work from my home computer. I am on a wireless (verizon) network at home, running windows 7. I log in to NeoRouter and find a list of associated computers, when I attempt to access shared files on a server computer nothing happens. No windows credential popup, no windows explorer to access the shared folders. Other computer in that use the same network are able to access the files normally. It is something about my computer, or internet settings?

After my problem started I uninstalled and reinstalled the client and it still is not working. Oddly, when I signed in initially after reinstalling the client my old id and domain were pre-populated in the NeoRouter fields. I'm wondering if the uninstall did not remove all neorouter files - keeping my login id and domain and any other problematic files. I uninstalled and reinstalled again with the same result.

Post subject: Re: Novice here, sorry if this is repeat...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:45 pm 

1. On your home computer, check your neorouter network in "Network and Sharing Center", is it a public network or private network? also, you may want to check your firewall rules.
2. What if you temporarily disable your firewall on your home computer... can you access its shared folders from itself? from the work computer?
3. Open cmd.exe and run
net use \\<home_computer_neorouter_ip>
do you see any errors?
(net use /? for help)

by the way, uninstallation of neorouter client software does not remove your home computer from the server side (you have to use "delete a computer" from Neorouter Network Explorer).