Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: can't login to server
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:29 am 

Hi,
I create the domain and i try to login to server but can't login. I do the testing from dashboard -domain status - test. error message show... " The address "86.23.40.92:32976" is closed and the NeoRouter Server cannot be used at this time"
From Neorouter Configuration explorer
error message show ... "signin failed because connection to server cannot established.[hr=0*8007274d]

Please anyone can give me advise?

Regards
nay

Post subject: Re: can't login to server
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:44 am 

Did you create a standalone domain or a hosted (mesh) domain? I'm just learning NeoRouter so yesterday I created a standalone domain whereas today I created a hosted domain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:39 am 

Hi,
I created standalone domain.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am 

Hi guys,

When using NR Mesh service, you may want to create a host domain; when using NR Free/Pro, use the standalone domain. With NR Free/Pro, you may need to setup your own NR server. If you cannot sign in , make sure the server is up and running and exposed the listen port to the Internet.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:21 am 

May be same topic, or I can start a new topic if you wish. Have been using NeoRouter Free for last two years with great success. We do not use it for gaming, just for remote file service. Two computers in our office have shared folders, other computers in the office, or at home, or out of state, or out of the country, access those shared folders -- some of them running Windows 7 or 10, others running Linux, mainly Ubuntu. The two file-sharing computers are both running Win 7. The connection server for the domain is on the same Win 7 machine as the chief shared folder, and is up 24/7.

Now I am out of state, using a Ubuntu computer with Neorouter, so not using any GUI to connect. I open a terminal window, and execute nrclientcmd. This immediately prompts for domain, user, and password, which I supply. Then I see the message "Connecting to NeoRouter Client Service" and .... nothing else. Never see the list of computers on the domain I named.

Same result now for six days in a row.

Is this a problem at my end, am I doing something wrong? or a problem at the home office end? To the best of my memory, I am doing exactly the same thing on this out of state computer as I do at home when using a Ubuntu computer to access the shared folder across town. Different ISP, of course. Have the feeling that I have just forgotten something simple. Or something simple is wrong with either the server machine (in both senses of the word "server", connection server and file server) back at the office, or with the NetGear router at the office.

Thanks.
---------------------------
Update: uninstalled NeoRouter, downloaded and installed nrclient-2.3.1.4360-free-ubuntu-amd64.deb. Now the messages I see are "Neorouter Network Explorer (Free). Signin failed. NeoRouter will retry automatically. Transport endpoint is not connected. Unhandled error message: Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection timed out."

That is MUCH more helpful than the dead silence of the previous installation.

I conclude that my installation and my procedures are perfectly OK but there is a severe problem at the other end. So that is the end of this post. Thanks. Still a minor problem re "Unhandled error message" which appeared in a Ubuntu window, not in the NeoRouter terminal session which NeoRouter staff might want to take a look at.

Thanks, this post is ended as far as I am concerned. Leaving it for a while in case it helps others.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 am 

Hi..
I have created standalone domain. Test at the dashboard no error. checkport it say = The address "xxx.xxx.xxx:32976" is open and the NeoRouter Server is active.

But cannot log in with network explorer or configuration explorer.
Error : Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established.[hr=0x8007274d]

I am using window 8.1.

please help and advise.

thanks and regards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:37 am 

Similar problems since switching from Win 7 to Win 10. "Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established. [hr=0x80072749]". Dashboard/domainstatus says "The address '207.172.209.140:32976' is open and the NeoRouter Server is active."

Windows Firewall has NRserver and NRservice permitted.

Control Panel > Admin > Services shows NeoRouter Client Service and NeoRouter Connection Server both running on computer which has Free neorouter server (standalone) installed, but does not show NeoRouter Client Service running on the client computer which is trying to accesses the peer which is offering shared folders.

Must go now, will update this later.