Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Won't Install On Windows 10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:29 am 

I had Neorouter running perfectly on Windows 8.1 and then did an upgrade to Windows 10. The program continued to work but required a manual login every time Windows restarted, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to login automatically.

Decided to reinstall it but got an installation error so decided to uninstall and reinstall. Now I cannot even get it to install. The green progress bar gets to about 90%, the programme freezes for a while then comes up with

Quote:
"NeoRouter 2.3.1.4360 Setip

An error occurred while install NeoRouter. The installer will roll back to original status and quit"

That message isn't particularly helpful - is there a Neorouter installation log created somewhere? (I've checked Event Viewer and nothing shows up).

Post subject: Re: Won't Install On Windows 10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm 

Hi MartinH,

If you didn't uninstall NR, you can just run it; or copy files from other computers.
If you uninstalled NR, you may want to investigate it, seems something blocking the installer to install NR driver.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:08 pm 

kevinz wrote:
If you uninstalled NR, you may want to investigate it, seems something blocking the installer to install NR driver.

Any suggestions on how I do that? Neorouter doesn't seem to log installation errors and Event Viewer is showing nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:15 pm 

The reason can be various on different machines. Without touching your computer , hard to tell. But usually it's related to the driver. NR installer installs the NeoRouter Virtual Adapter driver to your computer. If Windows' policy or settings block it, it cannot install. If you have other VPN installed, similar drivers may conflict with it sometimes. But depends on your system.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:34 am 

I have the same problem.
I cannot install it Neorouter Free on Windows 10.
I have got message:
and installation stops.
What to investigate to check where is a problem?

Firstly I have installed Neorouter on Windows7 - it have worked fine. Then I upgrade system to Windows10 and Neorouter still has worked but suddenly after some Windows Update it has stopped to connect to server. Then I have decided to reinstall it and I got the problem like above :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:08 am 

I had the same problem and I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:

1. Remove the driver from the registry:
    1. Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DRIVERS\DriverDatabase\DriverPackages\nrtap.inf_XXXXXXX (I can't remember the last part, but there was only one nrtap).
    2. Take ownership of the registry Key (basically, this: http://www.howtogeek.com/77878/take-own ... windows-7/)
    3. Delete the key
  2. Extract the installer (NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-free-Setup.exe) into a folder with 7zip
  3. Extract the extracted installer (NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-free-Setup\NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-Release-setup.exe) into a folder with 7zip
  4. Manually install driver:
    1. open administrative command line to: NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-free-Setup\NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-Release-setup\Driver\
    2. Run: tapinstall.exe install nrtap.inf nrtap
  5. Run installer: NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-free-Setup\NeoRouter-2.3.1.4360-Release-setup.exe