Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Neovrouter Free v2.3.1.4360 - Only free for 30 days?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:13 pm 

Is Neovrouter Free v2.3.1.4360 no longer actually free? I have 3 servers I'm using to test neorouter, arch, ubuntu and windows 7 and all state that the free license will expire in 30 days. Each server has a 24/7 active internet connection with zero internet filtering. All firewalls are completely disabled. Ports forwarded to each of the 3 servers are as follows: 32976, 32977, 32978 allowing both TCP and UDP traffic.

For all 3 servers the domain test passes and is green. Is there an authentication port that needs opened or is there a specific command that needs to be passed to the nrserver executable to update licensing information?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Neovrouter Free v2.3.1.4360 - Only free for 30 days?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:17 pm 

I have same issue with a copy of nrserver free running under debian vituralbox.
So far - not resolved - but lots of hints toward something to do with DNS also there was a mention about iptables not allowing licensing to be achieved. Still working the issue - the vituralbox solution will be delivered to my client in a couple of days - once I am on their Lan instead of my own then I will continue to troubleshoot.

My other personal install (on my Lan) is on a Raspberry PI - no issue there but have found that Win10 is not working right but no getting errors either. FYI - the other thing I ran across is on Android, I had Opera Maxx loaded, removed that and now it works 100%

To say the least - I am very impressed with NeoRouter software - fits my needs perfect.
Hope we get this minor license issue solved.

I will post again if I get resolution to the license issue.

Andyj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:22 am 

Hi andyj,

NR Free is free forever. Please make sure your NR server box having Internet access to our Dashboard website and restart your NR server, wait for 5 min. Then sign in to your NR server from NR Web Console, check the license status. If you still have the issue, please let us know.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:58 pm 

<Solved> - Updated my Vituralbox today to new version 5.1 and the extpack.
Found my linux was on UTC time - changed to my time zone and restarted.
Bottom line - Fixed the license issue.
But have to say, not sure if it was the Vituralbox update or the Time Zone.
Tending to think timezone as right before changing with new Vituralbox still had license problem.
- but too did not wait too long before doing the timzione and seeing license Aok now.

Good look to all on this type issue - keep trying, it is your network somehow has an issue.
Now off to utilizing this FANTASTIC software!

PS - Now to address the Win10 issue (if any now).

And once again - Thanks to the developers, GREAT work...

Andyj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 am 

Weird. I just checked today after reading andy's reply about the time zone. Time was set to UTC and the timezone was correct as well as the date/time. Installed ntp and enabled ntpd service even though time should be synchronized through the KVM host. Also since this Arch VM is headless, checked the domain web page using lynx and it also passed the test and status was green.

So now licensing info states "Never Expires". One of those steps did the trick.

Thanks to all the suggestions.