Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Two domains with overlapping membership
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:19 pm 

Using NeoRouter free, want to set up two domains, some of my machines to be in only one of them, some to be in both of them. So have created two domains, have two servers, one using port 32976, the other 32975. Now want to have most machines leave (or get evicted) from one of the domains. How to do that?

Then want a machine trying to login to the one domain to see just that domain. So far, it sees every machine in either domain. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Two domains with overlapping membership
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:17 pm 

Hi bluejay41,

NR doesn't allow a computer belonging to multiple domains in the same time. You can sign in/switch from one to another domain to access the computers in it; but cannot be in the same time.

With NR Pro, this kind of scenarios are supported by subnets. With proper ACL settings, one can split a virtual network into multiple subnets and a computer can be seen from multiple subnets. But all computers are in the same NR domain.

Btw, 32975/tcp is a NeoRouter port, used by nrservice to provide the interface to the NR UI client. If you have a NR client install on the same machine as the NR server, it may conflict.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:19 am 

Hi kevinz,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Two domains, but any one client only signed in to one of them OR the other one at a time, that will be fine for my purposes. I thought the way to do that might be to have each domain use a different port number, otherwise, how would NeoRouter know which connection server to use? Just from the domain name, is that enough?

I didn't know that 32975 was reserved. Any other ports I should avoid? Should I use 32970? Should I use 32976 for both domains? I don't think my router will permit that. Anything else I should know about accomplishing my goal?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:37 am 

Problem being the entries may not be perfect duplicates. 10.20.33.0/24 wouldn't be a duplicate of 10.20.32.0/23 but the two would definitely overlap. I've pondered dumping the show ip route output to notepad and sticking both tables into examdiff or CompareIT too but I'd run into the same problem. Dot net Training in Chennai | Cloud Computing Training in Chennai | Linux Training in Chennai | Salesforce Training in Chennai :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:32 am 

Are you able to produce a list of all the networks in both domains? It wouldn't be too hard to produce something in e.g., perl that would check for dupes (I say perl because I've solved similar problems using it).

Dot net Training in Chennai | Cloud Computing Training in Chennai | Linux Training in Chennai | Salesforce Training in Chennai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 am 

I extruded an object to a distance of 0.2 microns. However when I add a block below it of height 1 microns I found that the two domains overlap each other. I want a structure such that the extruded object is on top of the block placed below it.I described the z-axis of the block below it to be -1 micron.Where am I doing the mistake?...please help....!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:24 am 

it is interesting to note that IGOs started getting involved in Internet ... The two evolved from very different rationales and in divergent ways

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:46 am 

Nice post thank you for posting it I really liked reading it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 am 

I am grateful to see your post it is an awesome post thanks for sharing it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:45 am 

Thanks for a great post. This helped solve the problem to my friend.