Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Free and Mesh clients in same NeoRouter Domain
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:24 am 

Being a small medical research team, we use NeoRouter Free for worldwide (Barbados, Cuba and Mexico) access of Linux, Mac and Windows clients to our two research data file server clients in Massachusetts. Most of our users are medically expert but of very limited computer expertise. We have been using NeoRouter for a few years. One recurrent problem we have is with users installing NeoRouter on a new PC-- due to the unfortunate user interface of the NeoRouter Downloads page, it is very easy to mistakenly install a Mesh client package instead of the Free client package. Oddly enough, the Mesh client seems frequently to work fairly well. However, I suspect that this mixture of Free and Mesh clients in the same NeoRouter domain can and does lead to some trouble, including some connectivity problems ("Destination net unreachable", etc.).

Can someone comment on the ramifications of mixing Free and Mesh clients in the same NeoRouter domain? I try to track the Mesh clients down and replace them with NeoRouter Free client software, but I never seem to find all of them.

Thanks.