Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: nrtap interface is primary on linux client
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 am 

Now that my issue with the initial connection is solved. I have another issue regarding nrtap becoming the primary interface on an arch linux system when nrclient.service is running.

First off, I am using Arch linux, Gnome and NetworkManager. When I have the nrclient.service enabled the nrtap interface IP becomes the primary IP on my client-side lan. For instance when I try to ping http://www.google.com or a local machine on my lan it tries to ping from the nrtap interface IP (10.0.0.x).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. I will test in an ubuntu VM and see if I get the same results

EDIT: Would be happy to write up some tutorials if I can get this thing going.

Post subject: Re: nrtap interface is primary on linux client
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm 

Same issue on ubuntu 13.10 x64 with x64 version of nrclient. I am able to successfully connect to a neorouter domain however that dumps all lan connectivity. Pinging internal IP's are defaulted from nrtap's IP as well. I can only ping other nrclient's. The only way to get DNS is by adding it to resolv.conf manually but that only works for extranet name resolution not intranet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 pm 

Hmm... I just found out that I can ping anything within my current subnet/vlan. For instance I'm on a 255.255.248.0 subnet. I am able to ping anything within that subnet range. However, if I try to ping something in another vlan the nrtap IP (10.0.0.x) is trying to ping. I've tried forcing my eth0 interface to ping outside of my vlan and I do not get a reply.

eg:
ping -I eth0 x.x.x.x

Would there possibly be any routing stuff I would need to adjust for the nrtap interface?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 pm 

Sorry for blowing up this thread... Just trying to post all the relevant information I have.

Ok now on a windows 7 VM. Everything seems fine. I am able to ping out of my vlan out of the box. At first when I ping an IP in a different subnet the "NeoRouter Connection", for the first ping fails but windows auto-switches and tries my primay "Local Area Connection" which then pings fine.

So no problems with windows, all is good going across vlans. The only configuration I did have to do is add my local DNS IPs to the "NeoRouter Connection" for IPv4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:39 pm 

Anybody have any suggestions why I'm not able to contact any clients outside of my vlan? Not the neorouter vlan. My actual network is split into various vlans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48 am 

Hi jz-train,

It looks like routing problem. Please check your route table. NR client uses split tunneling, so it does not route all traffic, unless you have some special rules.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 am 

First off, I am using Arch linux, Gnome and NetworkManager. When I have the nrclient.service enabled the nrtap interface IP becomes the primary IP on my client-side lan. For instance when I try to ping http://www.google.com or a local machine on my lan it tries to ping from the nrtap interface IP (10.0.0.x).

We provide fast success in test-king dumps exam and by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success