Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: first time user
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:51 pm 

Up to now there are hackers out there who know my IP address and which websites I normally visit. Plus my wireless router is a brick and I had to exchange NIC several times because it fails to work after 3 to 6 month of use - there were no thunderstorm activities nor blackouts nor brownouts. My on board NIC was burnt out. Also I am currently using ADSL.

I have seen Neorouter on PC Utilities magazine.

I have ONLY one Win XP Pro x32 desktop & just downloaded Neorouter-0.9.8.1438-setup. It was the only one available online to download.

I request a VPN for free that can hide my original IP address & be able to surf the web anywhere, upload & download anything like anime video, music, audio including torrent, shop online like amazon & check my e-mail like yahoo.

How do I install, setup & configure using only one desktop PC?

How can I test that my original IP address is hidden?

How do I startup & shut down Neorouter?

Is there a way to keep my Win XP Pro from being dropped while using Neorouter?
Is there a way to boost speed while surfing online & boost speed to downloading such as anime video or torrent?

Can Neorouter be used on DSL like AT&T, dial-up like AOL, satellite, wireless, cable like Comcast & laser like Verizon?
Are there any differences in setting them up?

I read something about using PeerGuardian2 for torrenting online.
Is there a way to configure PeerGuardian2 to the Neorouter without any conflicts?

Any best recommended firewall to get for free & how do I configure it to use Neorouter without any conflicts?

Post subject: Re: first time user
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm 

Hi hacken1 ,

Thanks for your interest in NeoRouter.

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a VPN service that can redirect your network traffice, hide your public IP address and so on. NeoRouter may be to do this, but I'm afraid it's not meet your requirement, as you just have one computer.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:52 pm 

OK
can I use say a laptop with Win XP Pro 32 bit installed or Win 7 ultimate 32 bit installed and install Neorouter on the Win XP Pro 32 bit desktop?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:40 pm 

Yes. NeoRouter supports Windows platform, including WinXP Pro, Win7 ultimate 32 bit.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:42 am 

OK
Then what hardware requirements do I need - how many PCs (desktop/laptop min)?

which software do I need to download & install & which machine (client/server) to install it to?

once I downloaded & installed the software on the machines, how do I make them communicate each other & do I need to create MTU to avoid VPN being dropped - if so which machines plus how to set it up properly & what best recommended free firewall do I need to download & install - if so which machine & how to configure them properly?

how can I change from dynamic to static IP address?

Is there anything else I need to download, install & configure in order to surf the web, shop, upload & download including torrent & application updates & upgrades, send & receive e-mail & forums without revealing my original IP address?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 am 

Hi hacken1,

I would like to suggest you to take a look at the Tor project: http://www.torproject.org/ .

Went though your requirements, I think you more like a free solution to hide your public ip address, when you access the Internet. Generally, people would use free proxy services to do this, but it may not stable.

On the other hand, NeoRouter is designed to create a virtual network cross the Internet, but it requires the NR server open a port to the Internet. If you can hide the NR server, then NeoRouter works for you. But I don't think it's a free solution, though NeoRouter is free.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:18 am 

Do you or anyone else on your team know how to find/locate its IP address and domain name and connect to the NR server for free & be able to connect to Neorouter?
Or do you or anyone on your team know where can I find the NR server program that I can download for free & know how to install & configure to Neorouter?

I have heard to Tor project, but elsewhere on the web it states that Tor works only within the Tor community (it does not state how exactly big the Tor community is) and anything outside the Tor community, my original IP address will be exposed & the hackers will find me.

I could try using Tor, but I need some additional free & tested applications to completely hide my IP address once I go beyond the Tor community.
Do you or anyone on your team know any additional free and well tested applications that I can download. I also would like to know how to install & set them up properly/configure with Tor.