Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: tomato neorouter server bridging
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:29 pm 

i did try that openwrt but the wrt54g-tm is not supported, some users have said that using the wrt54gs firmware would work and when i tried it i couldn't seem to get the wireless to work but even without wireless i tried to install neorouter and it said something like my hardware was not supported so i guess ill have to wait for tomato or dd-wrt or something cuz thats all that seem to run on my router well. ok well i will try to setup the bridge on my windows computer. thank you very much and i really like what your doing. just an idea but i think if you guys could come up with a tomato or dd-wrt or openwrt that was a setup that would do it all and bridge the 2 networks it would make you guys the top dogs cuz every one is doing vpn but to really be able to log on to a network like if you were pluged into the router doesn't seem to be covered or i have not seen it yet. well thanks again. Eric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 am 

ok. im bouncing my head off the walls here. im using windows 7 and have been trying to bridge my neorouter network to my home network. with everything just setup stock all the computers can see each other and connect and everything works fine for stock mode. so the first change i make is to setup my neorouter dhcp to the same as my home lan. home lan 192.168.20.1-192.168.20.199 and neorouter dhcp to 192.168.20.200. test network. everything is still up and running and working. then i go to bridge my home to neorouter with one of my computers using windows 7 bridging tool. at this point i can't ping this computer anymore.its neorouter ip is 192.168.20.202. next i install the Feature.ini on this computer and the one that im testing with to
C:\ProgramData\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter\Feature.ini
when i do a file search this is where i found the file. so i install it and these are my settings
[Default]
LangId=1033 <<<<put there by neorouter and not me>
NetworkBridge=1
LANSegment1=192.168.20.1-192.168.20.199,192.168.30.202

ok so i go to start the client. no go. it looked like it is going to start but doesn't. so then i remove feature.ini and the client works again just fine. put the file back in and try compatibility mode for the client and tell it that it is vista. then it will come up but still no go on pinging anything or sharing file but the client does see the other computer the hole time. what am i doing wrong? is bridging just not able to work in windows 7? would really love a walk through or a video of the step by step setup. thank you very much Eric

p.s. also tryed netsh and installing the feature.ini file in the progams folder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 pm 

Hi e2950,

It's an advanced feature. You need to make sure every step is correct as the description in the wiki http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... o_site_VPN

From your description, I didn't see an information clearly.
As you use the Win7 PC as the bridge, after creating the bridge, e.g. binding the physical adapter and NR virtual adapter, you can set a static IP address to the bridge. So at the moment, Win7 PC is a bridge with a IP (for example: 192.168.20.10) and a virtual IP 192.168.30.202. You may also want to make sure the promis feature of the physical network adapter has been enabled.

Then you need to put the Feature.ini on EACH of the NR computers, it means not only the Win7 PC, but also the NR Client you want to access from your home computer. For example: you have a NR Client on a PC1 (NR VLAN), then you have a home PC2 (home LAN), of cause you have the Win7 PC to bridge them. You need to put the Feature.ini on both PC1 and Win7 PC, if you have more NR Clients, put it on them too. So that all NR client knows 192.168.20.1-192.168.20.199 is the LANSegment1 and all packets from them will be routed through 192.168.30.202

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:55 am 

it still would be nice if you could please take the time to do a step by step how to. i have read the other posts and just am hitting a wall.