Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3Proxy not working
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am 

I am attemptnig to use the 3Proxy addon as an internet proxy to get aruond blocked websites at my work place. But it doesn;t seem to work.
After installing the 3proxy add-on and configuring Firefox to point to the NR IP address of the client with the add-on installed using port 1080 I try to browse any website and get a dialog box stating I need to download a nameless file from the website I am trying to browse.

Any ideas what i can do to fix this.

I am browse to all my NR clients, Remote Desktop and VNC to them also. There is no firewall installed on the Windows based NR Client where 3Proxy is installed.

Pleae can someone push me in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: 3Proxy not working
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 am 

Hi jennec,

Did you restart the nrservice after install the 3proxy add-on? The add-on type of 3proxy is "run as a service" and you can check it from the Add-on manager in the Network Explorer. It means the add-on will be initialized by nrservice and run as a service.

So after installing the service, you may want to go to service.msc, find the "NeoRouter Client" service, stop and restart it. Then from the task manager, you will see the 3proxy process is running. If you open 1080 port for the 3proxy in the Windows firewall, it can accept requests from any applications.

By default, it supports both http and socks5 protocol. 3proxy is powerful and you can customize it by changing the config file, the path of which can be found in the Add-on manager.

Let us know if you still have problem.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm 

Hi,

There is no windows firewall on the Client with 3proxy installed. The PC has been restarted several times. And the service runs 3proxy.exe without any errors, that I can see.

Still have no idea why it behaves this way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 pm 

Are you using NR Pro or NR Free? If you use the NR Pro and enable the ACL, make sure the port 1080 is allowed on that computer as well.

You can also try to telnet 127.0.0.1 1080 on that machine or use tcpview to monitor if 3proxy is listening at the port properly or conflict with other apps.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:08 am 

I am usnig Neo Free. Just upgraded both clients to V1.
Telnet failed.
Using TCPView shows me that 3proxy is starting with a random port each time it starts up. Which is odd as it is supposed to be set to port 1080, using the default cfg file supplied in the add-on.

Any ideas how sort this out?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 am 

I got it to work now. Although I had to add the "proxy" command to the cfg file, and use the default port 3128. Now can browse the internet without restriction or error.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:35 pm 

I believe it's your computer issue.

Please check http://3proxy.ru/ for the details about 3proxy server.

You can also use any other proxy server instead.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team