Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stopping the Server?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm 

So this might be a simple question, but for the life of me I can not find the answer anywhere on this site or the FAQ's.

The question is this: How do you *stop* the server from running?

I Have everything set up and working fine, other computers can connect and all, but i need to be able to shutdown the server when not in use. As it stands now it seems to just constantly run no matter what I do. The biggest problem this makes is that when I am on campus I am unable to connect to the schools wifi as they have protocols in place to kick you if running a VPN among other programs. So any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Its driving me crazy that I can not figure out how to do this seemingly simple thing.

Post subject: Re: Stopping the Server?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 pm 

Assume you use Win. Go to Computer Management / Services and Applications / Services and look for Neorouter Client and server service

You can start stop via GUI or also via Command window see http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2421-windows- ... mand-lines

Hope this helps.

//Wolfgang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am 

Wow, ok I don't think I would have found that without your help. Thanks! Still, I wish that would be more straight forward, its a little ridiculous that's the only way to stop it. But that aside, my thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 am 

im using asus rt-n16 and using tomato-K26USB-1.28.905xRAF-EN-MIPSR2-079V-AIO.trx firmware. when i flash the neorouter trx the router will wont work when power it is like the router is bricked. can anyone tell me how to properly flash the firmware. cause now using the pc version of the vpn but cant effort the electricity bills to run the pc 24/7 :D TQ.