Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: API Access for firewall and search functionality
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:33 pm 

I'm loving the reliability and functionality of Neorouter, but when adding new technicians for login, or when trying to search for a specific machine, the process could be easier.

I'd love to build a live view of Neorouter clients into my web application, and automate some of the firewall functions, such as adding a new technician to the default ACL, as well as any customized ACL's, and removing all technicians from that new technician's computer's ACL. ...Phew.

I'm not sure if there's any API accessibility, etc... Or if manipulating config files is a better way to go as far as firewall rules.

Regarding pulling info into a web view, are there any files or programmatically accessible commands that can be run to get info on machine status?

I'd be happy to share whatever I come up with if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: API Access for firewall and search functionality
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 pm 

anyone?

I see there's a NeoRouter_0_0_2.db file. Is there any api to interact with this file? The importance of getting a reply has increased, as we're currently experiencing an issue where the ACLs aren't doing what they're supposed to, and only behave properly when deleted and recreated, leaving us with a ton of redundant ACLs. I can't delete and recreate the default ACL, and editing it doesn't fix the problem. If I could build my own interface that manages the ACLs via an API, or by interacting with the DB file, then I'd be able to manage them much more efficiently, and I could make a case to our director of technology to purchase licenses at the end of the trial.