Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: trouble accessing windows 8.1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:47 am 

I'm running a TigerVNC server on my Windows 8.1 computer that is also on my neorouter vpn. I can access it via vncviewer from my linux computer if I use the lan IP, but not if I use the neorouter IP. I can't ping the windows computer from the linux neorouter explorer, either. Firewall is off.

I've been using neorouter a long time, I mostly use it to access my linux servers, so this is the first time I have noticed I can't actually access the windows computer even though it is on the neorouter VPN and can access the linux computers just fine.

The windows TigerVNC server reports that it is on both the VPN and LAN networks (pop-up shows the two local IPs.) But, I think Windows' failure to respond to ping request shows that "something" is blocking access to the windows computer. Just not sure what.

Both computers are running the latest free version.

Post subject: Re: trouble accessing windows 8.1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:00 am 

Hi basd,

Please check the virtual IP and virtual adapter on both computers. If the virtual adapter is up and you can see the virtual IP address, it would be firewall. For ping, please double check the icmp protocol see if it's blocked; for vnc server, pay attention on the listen port of it, sometimes it may not be the default port, maybe +1.

Thanks,
Kevinz - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:33 pm 

Now on Windows10. Still can't figure this out.

*owncloud works via neorouter vpn, so I know it is viable.
*tigervnc server on windows can be reached from 192.168.1.xxx:1
*tigervnc server cannot be reached via 10.0.0.XX:1 (neorouter)
*virtual adapter displays and is active in device manager.
*windows server does not respond to any of the add-in options accessible from neorouter browser.

All of this is true even when I turn the server's firewall off.

All of this is true whether I attempt to access from another windows box or from a linux box.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot why the tigervnc server is available on the physical adapter, but not on the virtual one.

I do not have this problem with my linux servers (although I do have to properly set the firewalls.) Any thoughts on a way to troubleshoot would be appreciated. I'd like to access my windows box via the vpn so I don't have to forward the port through the hardware firewall.

Thanks. (And thank you for great software!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 am 

Question for you guys, the wiki seems to be a bit outdated and I'm having problems finding this if it even possible.

Is there a way I can force an addon to my other clients that I do NOT have direct access to? Like adding the achat feature to the client machines?