Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP SETTING SOMETHING UP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 am 

hello I hope this all makes since i had a friend set up neorouter on a host i pay a monthly fee too but he has past away :( and it all worked great until the computer at the host that they assigned me and i lost all the setup stuff so i have been reading for weeks how to set it up on the host which i think i have done i can see it with neo test and port is open so on my side i run the program put in login and pass and the ip to which they assigned to me and it logs in but here is where i get lost

the friend set up something that i am missing in the list of computers he had something in the list called server and in the set up of server it had a ip of 10.0.0.3 which all my programs i use it tied to like a proxy so inside say ftp program i set up html proxy to point to 10.0.0.3 and everything works but now i have reinstalled neo on the host and log in it show my home computer but nothing else what am missing how do i set that up

i really hope this makes since cause i have been dead in the water for a few weeks i know there is a way to set up but i can not figure it ...

Thanks albert

Post subject: Re: HELP SETTING SOMETHING UP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:17 pm 

ninjak2010 wrote:
hello I hope this all makes since i had a friend set up neorouter on a host i pay a monthly fee too but he has past away :( and it all worked great until the computer at the host that they assigned me and i lost all the setup stuff so i have been reading for weeks how to set it up on the host which i think i have done i can see it with neo test and port is open so on my side i run the program put in login and pass and the ip to which they assigned to me and it logs in but here is where i get lost

the friend set up something that i am missing in the list of computers he had something in the list called server and in the set up of server it had a ip of 10.0.0.3 which all my programs i use it tied to like a proxy so inside say ftp program i set up html proxy to point to 10.0.0.3 and everything works but now i have reinstalled neo on the host and log in it show my home computer but nothing else what am missing how do i set that up

i really hope this makes since cause i have been dead in the water for a few weeks i know there is a way to set up but i can not figure it ...

Thanks albert

You need to find what which computer was called "Server" before. Then you check what IP it now gets or the name it shows up in Neorouter as. You could then update all your programs to point to the new IP, or you just set the server computer to use 10.0.03 like it did before. You'd do this from NeoRouter Configuration Explorer. Computers->Change Virtual IP Address.