Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installing neorouter over Proxmox
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 am 

Hello,
I was wondering if somebody has managed to install Neorouter over a Proxmox Host.
My intention is to connect remotely to bring remote support to servers behind firewalls
as you can see in the attached picture.

Attachments:
Proxmox - VO-VPN - Page 1.png
Proxmox - VO-VPN - Page 1.png [ 35.69 KiB | Viewed 9931 times ]

Post subject: Re: Installing neorouter over Proxmox
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm 

This is very much possible. Sorry for the delayed response I just found this topic. Easiest setup for the is just to setup a server accessible by both your PROXMOX servers and your client/Home/Remote Office.

Install the neorouter client on both Proxmox Server and connect them to your neorouter server. Connect your client machine to your neorouter server as well and access by the assigned ip addresses in neorouter. In addition to being able to access your Proxmox servers you can also setup a cluster over the neorouter connection as well thus having all nodes of your Promox setup available through one web interface. I have successfully completed this in entire setup in a lab environment. I have not setup HA by this method yet as I doubt performance would be adequate given the limited bandwidth of my test setup. Tested using the latest version of Proxmox and neorouter.

Also neorouter seems to only allow 100Mbps connections anyhow. Post a reply if you have any questions.