Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Feature suggestions Execute plugin on multiple computers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:40 am 

Hi Kevinz i am wondering if its possible to add a feature so that you can select multiple computers and execute the same plugin/command on them.

I would also like a feature where you can see the actual screen of the computer with the right permissions set. Both as a smaller view and also being able to click on it to get the larger picture. Maybe by using a simple background capture software like nircmd and then using software like imagemagick to convert the screenshot to jpg and smaller resolution.

Post subject: Re: Feature suggestions Execute plugin on multiple computers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 am 

Hi fusion,

Thanks for your suggestions. These are good ideas. We will evaluate it.

We planed to make the add-on support the run at remote type, but we are concerned about the secure issue, so we just the WOL add-on is supported ONLY.

Any suggestion from other users?

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:29 am 

kevinz wrote:
We planed to make the add-on support the run at remote type, but we are concerned about the secure issue, so we just the WOL add-on is supported ONLY.

Any suggestion from other users?

Hi Kevinz. I've got one=) I vote for universal remote management over tcp/ip with your vpn (by sysinternal's tools, telnet, NR addons). But in mesh of OSes (domain, non-domain, non standart admin's username/pass) I need the One Standart way for remote authentification as Admin. My request:
1) During installation NR installator asks user for "enable/disable management of local windows groups/accounts by NRServer". Or not asks if this option given from cmd option (silent inst.).
2) If answer is "enable" From NRServer I obtain ability to edit local groups and accounts of this computer.
3) For all computers with this option I can create on NRServer default set of groups/accounts that can be pushed and refreshed automatically.
4) For security NR can creates NRAdminGroup, NRRemoteControlGroup, NR... etc in proper system groups. And manages only users_created_by_NR in this NRgroups. Not others.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:56 am 

Thanks neokolyan! We will evaluate your suggestions. Since NeoRouter will be a cross-platform system, we may also take Linux/Mac into consideration.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:21 pm 

fusion wrote:
Hi Kevinz i am wondering if its possible to add a feature so that you can select multiple computers and execute the same plugin/command on them.

Has there been any progress on implementing this feature?
It would really make my day easier .