Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: User-assignable "Custom" ACLs? (Create Custom "Services")
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm 

Hi NeoRouter,

Would it be possible to assign a "Custom" ACL created for one User to other Users directly rather than have to create the same ACL for another User? It does not seem possible to me - although I might be mssing something obvious.

In other words, would it be possible to create (and add) "Custom" ACLs to the normal "Firewall" list? This could save an enormous amount of effort where maintaining large User communities with complex ACLs (and multiple port permutations) may be involved.

I would love to see "Services" listed (as below) in the left pane of the "NeoRouter Configuration Explorer" window.

General
User Accounts
Computers
Services
Connections
Settings

This would make an already geat tool even more flexible. Unlimited User-created "Services".

The more I learn about NeoRouter, the more I'm impressed. Thanks. :o

Regards.

Post subject: Re: User-assignable "Custom" ACLs? (Create Custom "Services")
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 am 

Hi Twincam,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. We will evaluate it. Definitely we will improve the ACL feature more flexible and easy to use.

Thanks,
KevinZ – NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: User-assignable "Custom" ACLs? (Create Custom "Services")
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 am 

Thnaks for the rapid response. Overnight, I thought that it would also be nice to be able to copy "UserA" to new "UserB". If "Services" could be maintained in the same way (copying "ServiceA" to "ServiceB"), that would be good too.

Expanding this further, it would be fantastic if you could assign "Users" to "Services" (in addition to the other way round).

It would be great if "Services" could be enabled/disabled at domain level (in the same way that Users can be enabled/disabled). It might, for example, be desirable to disable FTP (even on a temporay basis).

Finally, why not add the facility to assign only certain "Services" to certain "Computers" for total flexibility.

I'll shut-up now .... :shock:

Thanks!