Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please oh please oh PLEASE!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:26 pm 

Create a GUI interface to create network bridging. I am completely lost on generating the feature.ini file with the right settings.

I'm looking to set up several client networks to vpn into our one so we can have one of our servers do diagnostic work and rdp into any other machine. Doing trying to generate a feature.ini file for every client is a real PITA especialy since they are so complex to create.

Post subject: Re: Please oh please oh PLEASE!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm 

Hi Ringer,

Thanks for your suggestions. We will improve it in the future.

I'd like to explain something here if I may. It's highly recommended for most of our users to build the NeoRouter virtual network by installing the NeoRouter client on each computer or device, because in this way, all computers are manageable. For Pro users, all network packets are under the control. NeoRouter try to provide a secure virtual network, on which all data and computes can be protected properly.

The "Network Bridge" feature is designed for some cases where users cannot install NeoRouter client software or users want to bridge several networks. In these cases, devices (e.g.routers) or linux boxes would be much easier than Windows platform for users to setup and use NeoRouter. Basically, it's an advanced feature and it requires technical background, especially networking knowledge.

We will improve it once we have a chance.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team