Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OS-X - Cannot sign in after sleep
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm 

Hello, I've taken a quick look and haven't seen any similar issue reported:

I have a windows network with a single OS-X Snow Leopard computer. Everything is working wonderfully, except the OS-X computer. When the computer sleeps, Neorouter disconnects and cannot sign in afterwards.

Restarting the laptop fixes the issue, however I am not experiencing this symptom on any of my windows computers, even when they go into hybrid sleep or hybernation.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? I have the OS-X install logging its sessions, but as it's freezing on "sign-in", nothing outside of service information is being logged.

Thanks for your time

Post subject: Re: OS-X - Cannot sign in after sleep
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm 

I'm running Neorouter 1.6.3 on Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion). I was using it on Snow Leopard before upgrading and haven't seen this problem.

You may have already done this, but try dragging the application to the trash, then reboot and re-install the latest version available on http://www.neorouter/downloads

Also, check that you're on the same version as your server.

The only issue I'm still having only occurs when I try to shut down NeoRouter... it always crashes on closing. Doesn't seem to affect anything and comes up fine next time I start it up. Ok, one other issue is that it pops up and says there's a newer 'pro' version available, but it is the same version and build that is already installed. No biggy.

Good luck,

Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm 

My server is running build (1.6.3.)3790, while the mac computer is running 3440. When I start the OS-X computer, it prompts for update, but I cannot find a 3790 build for OS-X.

Would a possible solution, then, be to downgrade my network to 3440 until 3790 is available for OS-X?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 pm 

Hi Krisiries,

The notification message toasts the latest version of NR Pro 1.6, that has been released last month. However it's mainly for Windows edition, instead of OS X editions.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team