Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: blank list of connected computers nexus one froyo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:06 am 

I have neorouter up and running on my laptop, desktop and office computers without problem. It works great and does what I need.

On my nexus one with froyo I am able to log in to the server but cannot see any list of computers. I cannot see this mobile device either, just a blank list. The only options are to set up port forwarding under the menu.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: blank list of connected computers nexus one froyo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:46 am 

hi kanga,

Thanks for using NeoRouter.
So you can see the computer list on your PCs, but not on Android.
- Did you log into NR Android app using the same NR user account?
- Does the title bar of the NR Android app shows "username@domain"? That's an indication when signin is complete.
- Can you exit the app (click menu, exit), make sure you have good 3g/wifi signal, then try to launch and signin again?

Your Android phone cannot be added to the computer list because the NR Android app is based on the portable edition and does not have tap driver. Only computers with full client can be added to the computer list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm 

That is correct. I do see the username@domain at the top of the nexus one screen after I log in.

On the server in Nerouter Configuration editor, I see that the phone is listed as "localhost" with an Ip of 10.0.0.4, is online, type is Temporary. Under Access control list firewall is off.

I tried deleting the account and re-creating a new account and got the same result.

I tried logging in on the phone with the account I'm using for my desktop computer, and I was able to see the server and laptop.

I'm not sure what else is needed to be done or what I'm missing. I don't need access to the phone from the computer, but accessing the computers over a secure connection from the phone is what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:13 pm 

Kanga, I am having an identical issue - Froyo on an HTC Desire.

I can connect it seems, I can ping my phone from my computer, but the phone screen is completely blank, the phone never shows up in the regular NR interface, but I can see it on the server.

You pretty much described everything, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, hopefully this won't be too tough to sort out.

Chunks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 am 

hi Chunks and Kanga,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
I was unable to reproduce the bug in our lab. So we need your help to collect some data in order to debug.
1) can you enable nrserver logging (http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F), launch nr for android and connect. Once you reproduce the issue, stop/kill nrserver and send the log file to support@neorouter.com.
2) if you have a rooted phone or if you are familiar with the debug bridge, please run logcat and send us the result.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:50 pm 

This issue was resolved over email.
Please sign in NeoRouter on Android using the same username as on the desktop. Create one user account for each person, not for every computer.

Thanks,
Luke