Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with autologin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:08 am 

Hi,
I'm using last version of Neorouter (1.1.3.2250) and i have a problem with client: when I start neorouter client the vpn is active already, before entering the password. I must click on Disconnect & Quit for logoff.
'Remember my password' is unchecked, and I reinstall application deleting settings but, after first access, the problem occurs again.
This is a very important problem for security, how can I fix it?
Thank you

Post subject: Re: Problem with autologin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:19 am 

Hi adgiam,

If I understand correctly, you mean the nrservice is always running and the VPN tunnel is active before logging in from the UI. (correct me if I was wrong)

It's by design. The VPN tunnel gets protected by the ACL/Built-in firewall settings, per user, per computer, per service. With the feature, you can control which user can access which service (port) on which computer. You can sign in from any computer using the same account and your profile (including the computer list and your preference) will roam with you. The feature is available in NeoRotuer Pro edition only.

When you use the NeoRouter Free edition, you may want to setup OS level firewall on each client computer depending on your requirements. Another option is NeoRouter Portable version, if you just want to connect out to a remote computer and protect your local computer.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Problem with autologin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:56 am 

Ok, thank you for the answer