Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NeoRouter not working at all MT3G slide CyanogenMod 6 stable
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:13 pm 

Ok, so last night i tried to get this going for the first time. Two computers, one android phone. specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64 bit home premium running NeoRouter client and server.
Ubuntu 10.04 running NeoRouter client.
Mytouch 3G Slide w/ CyanogenMod 6 Stable running NeoRouter client.

My goal is to check on my torrents using the default Utorrent web ui port:8080 (on the windows box) from outside my physical LAN using my phone and an app called transdroid. I have been using transdroid to monitor my torrent server for a few months with no problem.

Now last night i installed all of this starting with the windows box then the phone then the ubuntu box.

I have a domain, we'll call it "jimbobs." I can successfully run NR network explorer add-on putty and ssh into my ubuntu box from Windows box, so i know at least the clients are set up correctly.

When i (using static or dynamic) forward ports from my phone to the corect "external" IP I cannot do anything from my phone. as far as ssh into my ubuntu box or check torrents on my windows box or login to my VNC server on windows. less than a second after clicking connect in any of my third party android apps (which all work and have worked from LAN) i get connection failure errors.

now one could say NP doesn't work find other software, but last night for about 10 minutes it all worked flawlessly. then nothing. so i tried a complete wipe and restore of my Cyanogen ROM and with no apps on my phone i reinstalled NeoRouter Free from this post:http://www.neorouter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4400
and nothing work at all unless i point my apps to the physical IPs and Ports within my LAN.

Also i have tried forwarding the 8080 to my windows box and 22 to my ubuntu, in my router to no avail. It really seems like a problem within either the android app or the phone itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This looks like a great app and software set!

EDIT: Just tried sending this as a trouble ticket but i get the following error:
Error: Cannot send the support ticket, because either the product key is invalid or the domain name is not associated with a valid product.
even though i just signed into the dashboard using my correct domain name. maybe part of the problem?

Post subject: Re: NeoRouter not working at all MT3G slide CyanogenMod 6 stable
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:32 pm 

Update: un-installed everything NR from all devices. Then re-installed server with new domain (jimbob2) on the windows box. re-installed NR Free on android from market. everything worked using Dynamic Forwarding. since I (as well as some others aparently) can't set up static forwards or customize dynamic forwards, I once again installed the NR free apk from the other post.
Still everything working through dynamic forwarding. then i set up a static forward, close the app and re-start it and!...
DUn DUn DUn :(
now back to nothing works (dynamic or static). so i remove the static forward, close the app (which froze for a sec and i had to re-close it by giong into the notification again). low and behold! the dynamic forwards work again! YAY.
now if i could just have some static forwards so that my phone always connects to my windows box through NR... i'll keep ya updated.

EDIT:Gonna see what pro beta from the market and that post do.
EDIT2:pro beta does nothing without the pro server. :P thought i'd give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 am 

Hi, bigcspecv,

Thank you for using NeoRouter.
Can you provide more details on your configuration, ie local and remote port numbers?
It seems that your static port forward is conflicting with the dynamic one. Please do not use 32973 or any port under 1024 as the local port.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:07 pm 

Oh wow. It seems that was all there was to it. Using a port over 1024 and now static is working fine as well as dynamic.
Did I miss that in the manual somewhere? I do tend to just skim sometimes.
Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:29 pm 

hi bigcspecv,

I am glad it's working for you now. We will add this info to the Manual.
On Android and other Linux-based operating systems, ports under 1024 require root privilege. So NeoRouter cannot listen at those ports.

Thanks,
Luke