Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Log in
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 am 

I have a user that is having difficulty connecting. Initially, I could not get the user to connect using the domain name that I chose. I was able to resolve this problem by using the Public IP Address. This is my first question, is there a known problem that would cause this?

I now have this user connected and was able to briefly connect to him, but I now am not. He shows as connected in the client version on my computer, but when I attempt to ping his address, it comes back as 'request timed out'. Any suggestions?

The user is located in other office. He has disabled the firewall on his machine, but continues to have this problem. Connects to NeoRouter, but not able share or access other resources.

Post subject: Re: Log in
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:12 am 

Hi spyrel,

If your domain name does not work, please verify it in the Dashboard site and make sure the correct public IP is bound to the domain name. We didn't have bug report on this.

From the Configuration Explorer, you can always see the run-time status of all computers. On your side, if you can see it online and you cannot ping it, there should be setting issue instead of NR.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 am 

Hey Guys

I'm facing the same problem here:

Dashboard says the server ist up, but while I am able to connect to it via its public ip, it ist not possible to connect using the domain name. The IP at the Dashboard is correct.

The server is running on a ubuntu linux server, the client runs on a windows 7 laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:48 am 

Please verify if it's the hairpin issue.
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... 2_issue.3F

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:00 am 

kevinz wrote:
Please verify if it's the hairpin issue.
http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... 2_issue.3F

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Did so, i don't think it's this hairpin issue. I am able to connect via public ip from both inside and outside my LAN. I just can't connect using the domain name. the public ip shown in the dashboard ist correct.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 am 

Hi hrd,

It's kind of weired. From your description, it seems like it didn't resolve the NR domain name properly for some reasons.

Would you let us know your domain name or collect a log of nrservice and send it to us?

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team