Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NeoRouter Pro Client Continually Disconnects/Reconnects
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 am 

NeoRouter Pro version 1.4.0.2620[1]

Have several NeoRouter Pro Clients successfully maintaining connection to our NeoRouter Pro Server. However, one client continually disconnects and reconnects (about every 10-30 seconds). Attached are logs from that client.

Please tell me if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
Rob Z.
ETI

PS Also submitted support ticket under name of my co-worker, Phillip Armijo, the original purchaser of license.

Attachments:
NRClient_20110603_141333.log [8.44 KiB]
Downloaded 1155 times
NRService_20110603_141318.log [109.24 KiB]
Downloaded 1219 times

Post subject: Re: NeoRouter Pro Client Continually Disconnects/Reconnects
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm 

hi zawarski,

NR Client Service first successfully connected to NR server at IP 10.1.1.17. Then 20 seconds later, NR Client UI requests NR Client Service to connect to NR server at a different IP 10.1.1.18. So NR Client Service disconnects from NR Server and tries to connect to the new domain. The new address 10.1.1.18 seems invalid and connection fails.

Please double check the domain field entered in NRClient login UI.

Thanks,
Luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:33 pm 

Add..

Please double-check how many NeoRouter Network Explorer (nrclient.exe) and NRClientCmd.exe running. Only one instance is allowed on a computer. If multiple instances are running, they may conflict each other and cause the other one disconnected from server. Please kill those unnecessary processes.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 am 

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem about two months ago. I'll try and keep it short.

It happened shortly after I had replaced one of my clients computers used for their payroll system. Rather than reinstall all of the software, I thought I'd give Laplink's PC Mover a try. Maybe I didn't do something right but, what a mistake that was. Although it seemed to be working, I had to fix just about everything.
NeoRouter seemed to be the easiest, a quick reinstall, and she was back up and running.

A few weeks later I was asked to setup the old computer for the warehouse manager. No problem. Wiped the old drive, did a fresh install of windows XP, office and NeoRouter. That's when it broke. The new computer would connect for a few seconds then disconnect. About 10 minutes later I get a call from payroll saying the new computer is having a problem with NeoRouter. I sign on to the configuration explorer, and sure enough the two computers are fighting for the same IP address. Time to dig in and find out what's up.

So what I found (correct me if I'm wrong here guys) was that the file "Client.xml" located in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter"(Windows XP) stores the MAC address of the computers network card along with it's NeoRouter IP and various other settings. PC Mover copied the information and when I reinstalled NeoRouter I let it keep the current settings. I'm guessing NeoRouter does not check the settings in that file when it starts because everything worked fine until I added the old computer with the real MAC address back into the system.

The fix was easy,
powered down both computers
deleted one or both computers via the configuration explorer
reinstalled NeoRouter on the Payroll computer and did not keep the old settings
turned on the Payroll computer...it picked up it's old IP
did the same with the other computer

So much for keeping it short

Good Luck,
Endless Loop