Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Neorouter not remembering password on Windows 7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:48 pm 

I recently reinstalled Windows and I now have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since the reinstall, Neorouter Network Explorer does not remember my username, password or network name after exiting, even though I have selected the option to remember. Configuration Explorer does remember it though (except the password, but I think that is by design).
The only thing that may be a little different in my Windows 7 install is that I relocated the Users and ProgramData folders to a drive other than my Windows directory during my install. Maybe that is causing a problem.
Anyhow, is there anything I can check or do to get NR to remember my credentials?

Post subject: Re: Neorouter not remembering password on Windows 7
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:29 am 

Hi pmeth,

The NR username, password or network name are encrypted and stored in the registry of the current Windows user. Different Windows users do not share the information.

To verify this, you can take a look at the registry
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZebraNetworkSystems\NeoRouter

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 am 

The credentials appear to be in the registry. I have a value filled in for
LatestDomain, LatestUserName, LatestPassword. RememberPassword and AutoSignIn are both set to 01 00 00 00.

I have also verified the same keys with an XP computer I have and the values are all the same (I use the same username, password, and network on both machines).

So, it would appear that the credentials are actually being remembered, but not getting populated when the program starts.

Also, I forgot to mention my version is:
Neorouter Free 1.5.1.2820 [1]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:03 pm 

Hi pmeth,

I still cannot reproduce your issue. You can quit from Network Explorer, delete the NR registry key for the current user, then try to set the password and options again.

Btw, the credential information ( user name, password and domain ) gets stored after you sign in successfully. If you didn't sign in and quit, it won't get saved. Just in case you didn't try this.

If you still get problem, it would be better to get the log file and send it to us, so that we can help you figure out the issue.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 am 

Thanks KevinZ,

I tried what you suggested (quitting and deleting the key), and it did not solve the problem.

I did notice something that lends me to believe the username & network are stored someplace else. I accidentally deleted the reg key on a different computer (that was working fine) and when I opened NR again, my username and network were populated, but not my password. Is there an ini file or something else that carries this info?

I think the problem is related to my ProgramData folder being a non-standard location, so I don't know that you'd be able to reproduce unless you had a Win7 install with a similar setup.

How do I get to the logs you are talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:46 pm 

Hi pmeth,

Please take a look at the wiki http://www.neorouter.com/wiki/index.php ... og_file.3F for the logging.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team