Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Neorouter Virtualbox Linux Client disconnects intermittently
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am 

Using nrclient 1.5-1.2820 Free Edition on Debian Linux 6.0.4 fully updated/upgraded inside a Oracle VirtualBox VM (Version 4.1.8 r75467) with a Bridged adapter with its own unique IP on the local network.

The client is disconnecting intermittently every 3-5 minutes for about 1 minute, then reconnects, and continues this pastern of behavior indefinitely.

The only thing changing in the system recently was upgrade VirtualBox from the previous version to the current version listed above. However I've verified that Linux and the VM are both maintaining a steady connection to the local network and internet even during the times the NeoRouter connection is down.

See the attached server log file.

Edit: I have just tried editing Feature.ini and adding ProtocolVersion=2 and rebooting the server to no avail. This is the only client on my NeoRouter network of about 20 computers that is having problems. The VM's host computer which is also connected via NeoRouter maintains its connection fine.

Attachments:
File comment: It is the client 'rolloff' or IP 10.0.0.20 in the attached log file that is having problems
NRServer_20120131_042456_0.log [1.51 MiB]
Downloaded 1303 times

Post subject: Re: Neorouter Virtualbox Linux Client disconnects intermittently
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:51 am 

hi Orbitrix,

Thanks for reporting.
I looked at the log below. It seems the issue is on the client-side. Can you send me nrservice log from "rolloff"?

Thanks,
Long

Post subject: Re: Neorouter Virtualbox Linux Client disconnects intermittently
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:05 pm 

The issue has been fixed, it turned out there was a Networking IP conflict. 2 Duplicate IP's on the local network. One was a printer's web configuration interface, and one was my Virtual Machine.

The printer had a hardcoded IP, and somehow my DHCP server was unaware of this, and served up a duplicate IP to my virtual machine.

Whoops :oops: