Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Neorouter free errors in XP eventlog
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 am 

Hi everyone.
Neorouter works fine, but I have an issue.
My eventvwr is full of errors related to neorouter client service. Every time it starts it writes in the log:

Code:
The description for Event ID ( 10 ) in Source ( NeoRouter Client Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: An instance of the service is already running., 1056.

What does it mean?
(I was searching for reasons why my sound card crashes, and by the way found this. I know, it's unrelated, but still - I have an unknown error and I can't get rid of it)
I didn't find anything related to this kind of error, so I'm asking for some help.

I don't know, if it's a necessary information, but I'll try to tell everythig. My NeoRouter server is up-n-running on FreeBSD in the same net, the client is started and logged in automatically on system startup.

P.s. Moved the topic from "General discussion" to "Bugreports".

Post subject: Re: Neorouter free errors in XP eventlog
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 am 

Hi zloben,

Thanks for your report. The EventID=10 means the service failed to start.

You can ignore this log message. On Windows, the NR client/server services try to log some information such as service start/stop/running and so on, for internal use. As we didn't build the message resource file in the apps, so you may see the message like this.

The best way to capture bugs for us is the log file, which is available cross platform and it should contain the messages in the event log.

Anyway, we will take a look at it and may remove it.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team