Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NR Client signin fail, 0x80820101
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 am 

I have experienced a problem recently as my home computers are not able to connect to NR Server which is located somewhere else. The NRServer runs correctly and I can connect to it via NeoRouter Configuration utility too. The clients which are running in the same network as the server connect normaly, so I suspect my local network or router of spoiling this connection. I have changed the router recently as the old one had some other issues but worked quite well with Neorouter. The firewall LAN > WAN is off, I have upgraded all clients to the latest version of NR, restarted everything but without any success. Attaching the client log. Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Attachments:
NRService_20120321_091850.log [246.42 KiB]
Downloaded 1046 times

Post subject: Re: NR Client signin fail, 0x80820101
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 pm 

hi voltron,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
When you change the nrserver host, I am guessing you copied the database file to the new server, correct?
Can you try delete the home computers in NR Configuration Explorer, then signin NR Network Explorer to add them again?

Thanks,
Luke

Post subject: Re: NR Client signin fail, 0x80820101
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 am 

I'm sorry for a vague description. The NR Server is installed on ALIX, system board with WIN XPE. There hasn't been changed anything on this system(except of upgrade to 1.7 version).
I've switched the home router, with NAT, which is connected to different provider network and is used just for internet connection of my home network. I don't run NR server on this router.
Finally, I've managed to put the NeoRouter interconnection in order again. The Alix board has very limited free disk space as the whole system is installed on CF card. I turned on the logging function of NRserver 14 days ago and the free space has reduced to absulute working minimum. After deleting the logs (about 150 MB) and XPE system reboot, the Neorouter started working again. I am not sure if this was the reason, but I am glad, it helped.