Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clients with the same neorouter IP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 am 

I am running Neorouter Free and have two machines which neorouter server has assigned the same neorouter IP and they keep fighting each other.

They each keep logging in, getting kicked out, logging back in. In each of their Network explorers the other computer name is displayed. Both windows (Vista64, Win8) computers have different LAN IPs, computer names and MACs; this may not have always been the case as I was moving boot disks between machines because I had a MB die. I have tried deleting the computers from the computer lists in the server manager, but this did not help. And interestingly enough, one of the two machines is the neorouter server.

How can I resolve this?

rearden

Post subject: Re: Clients with the same neorouter IP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 am 

Hi rearden,

Your two machines may have the same MAC address. NR client uses the MAC address of the primary network adapter as the unique ID . If it's duplicated in your machines, they will be assigned the same IP. Please uninstall the NR client from one of them, double-check the MAC address.

If you use the VM cpied from antoher, please change the MAC address. If the MAC address is a fixed string, please set the Feature.ini to specify a unique one.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

Post subject: Re: Clients with the same neorouter IP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 am 

I was due for a clean OS install, so that seemed to resolve it.
I thought I double checked the MACs, IP and computer name to verify that they were different.
rearden