Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It was all going so well...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:47 am 

Approx 2 weeks ago i setup a new network using NeoRouter Pro and i used it for 2 machines (1 laptop and 1 desktop at different locations) for testing purposes as was hoping to move away from Logmein Hamachi.

For the first two weeks the connection was faultless and neither of the machines had any disconnection.

I installed the NeoRouter server on a 3rd machine (Win Server 2008) as this is on 24/7 and has an excellent internet connection (80mb down/20mb up)

As a result of the tests going well I rolled it out over the weekend to all our other users (50+) and thats when things have started to go wrong.

Everything will run perfectly well for several hours if not longer but then for no apparent reason pings start to time out, connections drop and nobody can see nobody else.

The server is still up and running, online and i can connect using remote access software (speedtest.net still shows perfect connection).

Each of the computers also show as online but i cant ping nor browse shared folders. This will then fix itself but can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes which is unworkable.

I have tested the port 32976 and that is showing as open.

So im desperate for some help as when it goes offline as it has done for the last hour I get 50+ phone calls from colleagues complaining!

In advance thanks to anyone who can help as I have high hopes for NeoRouter and really want it to work out.

Post subject: Re: It was all going so well...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:15 pm 

I had a similar problem, yesterday/today, and I think my issue was related MS UPdates. BUT the only way I fixed was to backup/copy the DB files under \programdata\zebranetworks.

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall NeoPro and make a bogus domain, then copy DB files over those DB files created, and reboot.

I don't have 50, just about 15, but the DB files carried all the connections and I was OK.