Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Android Free Client 2.3.1.4360 - Unable to connect
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:08 am 

Hi all,
First I'd like to thank NeoRouter team for all their work and effort on this project. It is one of the best free VPN solutions out there.

Now let's talk about issue I'm facing...

I browsed all forums, manuals and how-tos, but I was not able to find solution or any info about my problem. The thing is that since my Android Free VPN Client got updated to latest version (2.3.1.4360), I'm not able to connect my server over mobile data any more.

First I thought that I have to update my server as well, so I downloaded and installed latest free server version (2.3.1.4360 32bit). It did not help, I am still not able to connect my server over mobile data.

So I tried to install previous version of Android Free VPN Client (2.1.2.4326) and it worked! I was able to connect to my server over mobile data again. So that means that port-forwarding of my router is set-up correctly. So I tried to update Android Free VPN Client again and the problem returned - I am not able to connect my server over mobile data.

Strange thing is when I connect to my home wifi, where the VPN server is hosted, I'm able to connect the server when I connect to internal IP address of computer, where the server is installed. Even with latest version of android client installed.

I tried to fully uninstall the android version, delete cache and install again, but I'm still not able to connect. When I'm on mobile data and click "Sign in" button, the "Signing in, please wait..." appears and then it seems that I'm connected (there is a key icon in my notification area). But list of computers is empty. After few seconds I'm automatically disconnected, returned to login page and there is error msg under "Sign in" button saying: "Signin failed because connection to server cannot be established."

Are there any additional settings need to be done when I'm using the latest android VPN client?

Android version: 4.4.2
Android Free VPN Client version: 2.3.1.4360
Free VPN Windows Server version: 2.3.1.4360 32bit
Forwarded port: 32976 (TCP/UDP)

Any help is highly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Android Free Client 2.3.1.4360 - Unable to connect
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:43 pm 

Hi jelinekkamil,

Based on your description, NR client failed to connect to the server. If you didn't see the computer list and didn't get the Android popup window asking you to trust the app, it means NR client didn't connect to the server yet.

It's easy to verify this. Run NR Configuration Explorer or NR Web Console, check if your device is online or not and you will know if it's connected or not.

Basically this kind of issue is related to either server or network connection. If you have another computer connected to the NR server properly, it will be the network issue, for example: your device has weak signal or unstable network and so on.

This may not related to the android version. We tested on android 4.0.3, 4.4.4, to 5.1 without problem.

If you have more information, please let us know.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:13 pm 

Hi Kevin,
thanks for advice. I tried to connect via mobile network with latest android client and there was prompt to trust the app. I clicked OK, checked my phone in windows client (network explorer) and my phone was online. But i was not able to ping it. And after few seconds the phone automaticaly disconected. I'm still not able to see list of computers on my VPN in android client. Older version of client works just fine under same circumstances.

Newest version of android client works only when I connect to private IP of server (192.168.X.X). But when I use public IP, it does not work. The older version of android version works fine...

Kamil

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:46 pm 

Hi jelinekkamil,

Can you send us your phone model? Some vendors do customization to the android.

Thanks,
KevinZ - NeoRouter team

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:30 pm 

Hi Kevin,
Phone is Kingzone K1 Turbo running "ROM KitKat Debloat! AROMA" (downloaded from needrom.com, based on stock Kingzone K1 Turbo 4.4.2 ROM). Old version of android VPN client works without any issue. New version works only when I'm connecting to private IP of server. It does not work even when I'm connected to my home wifi (same network as my NR server is hosted) and try to connect to my public IP. My router does support this feature (hairpin NAT), because it works with old android client.

Thanks,
Kamil

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:11 am 

Hi Kevin,
I've downgraded my Kingzone back to android 4.2.2 ("K1 Turbo SP10" - custom ROM from needrom.com) and the app is working now without any issue. Seems to be some kind of incompatibility with "KitKat Debloat! AROMA" ROM.

Have a nice day, thanks for your inputs!

Regards,
Kamil