Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Neorouter Free 2.3.1 HTML5 - Chrome app bugs
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 pm 

Hello,

I am using an original Chromebook Pixel (1. gen.) and always loved Neorouter's functionality! Except, it never worked right on a Pixel! Free version 2.1.2 defaulted to the touchscreen interface and disabled the touch pad and keyboard within a the RDP session (it works on the interface before going into a remote desktop session). Not very useful!

Now with the new Free version 2.3.1 release I was hopeful that finally the Pixel might be supported. I tried to update from the Chrome Store, but the earlier version still resides there! The chrome tab starts, Neorouter splash screen briefly shows, and then the page goes blank as does the logon window! Then I updated successfully from the Nerouter website to Free version 2.3.1 by dragging the download onto the extensions page (Google makes you do this to protect from unintended installs from websites other than the Chrome Store).

Same thing, briefly shows splash screen then doesn't load the page and login window -- stays blank! I am hoping this is a simple fix and I am still hopeful, when it does get fixed, it will support both touchscreen interface as well as touch pad and keyboard!

Perhaps you can publish the Android Apps as a Chrome Apps!? Didn't Google make it possible to have Android Apps run as a Chrome Apps? That might help with both the HD HTML5 and the VPN App -- I would love to have the ability on the Pixel to run the Neorouter VPN App to connect up and then use other apps for the actual RDP sessions like I do on my Android device!

I hope you can make it all happen - thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: ChromeOS version
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.20.39.png
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.20.39.png [ 373.62 KiB | Viewed 5222 times ]
File comment: version info
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.08.27.png
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.08.27.png [ 213.36 KiB | Viewed 5330 times ]
File comment: blank windows
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.09.17.png
Screenshot 2015-05-11 at 13.09.17.png [ 157.9 KiB | Viewed 5338 times ]