Community

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can´t access other computers and IP is lost after poweroff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm 

Yestarday the NeoRouter free in My PC can't connect to other PC on the network. My PC is windows 10.

I Tried reinstalling a couple of times but nothing works.

When I Log on, the list is blank. After I looked arround with ipconfig and route print I fount the following: There was no IP on the interface so there where no routes.
I Went to the interface and manually added the IP and the Mask and the result was that now I see the list of other PC, but I cannot connect to any of them.

If I do a pint to MY PC I get an answer, but if I ping other PC nothing happens. The same with remote desktop and shared folders. From other PC I Can do all. I check the firewall and everything still in place.

Now, every time I turn off or reset the PC The Neorouter network interface forgets the IP and is left blank. Also discovered that IF I restart the service I get the same result.

I Tried cleaning the registry after a full uninstall but nothing happened. Any clues what can be happening??

Post subject: Re: Can´t access other computers and IP is lost after poweroff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am 

I Solve the problem. After analice the logs I discovered there was a problem was when the service tried to register the IP address with the command.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh.exe" interface ipv4 set address 50 static 10.0.0.4 255.255.255.0

I executed the command on the command line and the answer was that the object was already created. After investigation, I had Hyper V installed and the Address was added to the Hyper V Switch. Which was strange because for months I had Hyper V installed and used it without problems. The problem started a couple of days ago, maybe after an automatic install from Microsoft.

I Uninstalled Hyper-V and everything came back to normal.